Since my last stop here we've:
* Celebrated #80 for Gamma
* Celebrated #3 for C..in a small way. The party is tomorrow :0)
* Had more snow and grey days than I care to mention.
* Gone to the aquarium for C's first time.
* Discovered the princess gig in all its glory (arrrr! ;0)
* ...the above has led to C now refusing to wear anything but a dress or skirt. Conversation just the other morning while handing me back the pants I had out for her? "No good, mom - I need to see the closet". She went on to choose a leopard print skirt. Help me now...I can only imagine this in another 10 years.
*Been crafting fools.
* Celebrated CNY.
* Dealt with me as limpy mama again. Back for more 'intervention' to keep me walking but I'm not letting it get us down.
* Been grateful for every busy, crazy day together.
Three years old!
Aquarium fun including sting ray petting:
Ready for school on CNY:
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
C hated the snow with a wild passion last year. This year the wild passion is a love for the snow. It's been fun watch her roll around in the white stuff and giggle endlessly.
Now, on to another topic, I am seeking some suggestions. C is afraid of very little. Shrek comes to mind...that green guy will cause her to erupt in a mix of whimpers and shrieks. The one other thing that instills panic in her is causing us great grief. That thing is: commercial toilets. C is fully potty-trained (daytime) and we have no problems at home, school, family/friend homes. But, when we are out at a restaurant, the zoo, a mall, etc. C will NOT use the toilets. She screams as though being murdered at the simple mention of the potty if it involves one that has a big 'swoosh', a silver handle on a stem and no lid with a split seat. I have tried everything I can think of including sitting on the potty with her on my lap. All to no avail. Upon our last attempt I was sure someone was going to phone child services after hearing the screams caused by simply standing next to the 'bad'potty. I have tried to get to the root of the fear but this one facet of our lives is not improving and it's a killer - especially because she does not want to wear a diaper either. It makes it very hard to go anywhere. Granted, I am not a huge fan of the public toilet myself but there comes a time when a need is a need. Not for my girl, she will hold until a state of pure misery to avoid those toilets. It is so bad that I have started to pack a diaper so if she is about to pop, she will then be okay with putting the diaper on to get some relief. Anyone have any other suggestions to alleviate the public potty hysterics?
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
I thought I may have a little more time before I had to pull C's attention away from the computer screen. She just loves her "lil 'puter". At least it has some educational value as well as being a vision test. She has to see what she can find under all her finger smudges on the screen. She did impress me with how quickly she caught on to every nuance of the software...a lot faster than mom did ;0)
I better watch her or she'll be buying and selling on e*Bay in no time.